Donwload the latest version from latest releases
This fork is exploring the capabilities in modifying the Smart-EVSEv3 firmware.
Feel free to use this repository to build it yourself or to use the latest on from the releases folder but this is on your own risk.
Changes in regards with the original firmware
- New Status page using the Rest API
- Disabled WebSockets
- Reduced max backlight brightness
- Home battery integration
- Enabling or disable 3 phases using the C2 contactor
- Endpoint to send L1/2/3 data, this removed the need for a SensorBox
- Note: Set MainsMeter to the new ‘API’ option in the config menu when sending L1/2/3
- Callable API endpoints for easy integration (e.g. Home Assistant) - (See API Overview)
- Change charging mode
- Override charge current
- Pass in current measurements (p1, battery, …) - this eliminates having to use additionalhard
- Switch between single- and three phase power (requires extra 2P relais on the 2nd output)
New Status Page
Home Battery Integration
In a normal EVSE setup a sensorbox is used to read the P1 information to deduce if there is sufficient solar energy available. This however can give unwanted results when also using a home battery as this will result in one battery charging the other one.
For this purpose the settings endpoint allows you to pass through the battery current information:
- A positive current means the battery is charging
- A negative current means the battery is discharging
The EVSE will use the battery current to neutralize the impact of a home battery on the P1 information.
Regular updates from the consumer are required to keep this working as values cannot be older than 60 seconds.
- Home battery is charging at 2300W -> 10A
- P1 has an export value of 230W -> -1A
- EVSE will neutralize the battery and P1 will be “exporting” -11A
The sender has several options when sending the home battery current:
- Send the current AS-IS -> EVSE current will be maximized
- Only send when battery is discharging -> AS-IS operation but EVSE will not discharge the home battery
- Reserve an amount of current for the home battery (e.g. 10A) -> Prioritize the home battery up to a specific limit
View API https://swagger-ui.serkri.be/
Have an idea for the API? Edit it here https://swagger-editor.serkri.be/ and copy/paste it in a new issue with your request (https://github.com/serkri/SmartEVSE-3/issues)